Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised healthcare & wellbeing to our members.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986.
By providing our members with delightful health insurance bundled with innovative healthcare services, Alan's long-term goal is to help all people have a personalized and accessible healthcare experience.
As of today, Alan covers more than 250,000 members, representing over €160m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 450+ people and growing. We recently landed in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
🤘 How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Distributed Ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable A+ problems.
💎 Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks.
⭐️ The Business Segment Owner ⭐️
We have segmented the market in several business segments, each of them corresponding to a category of clients (Hotels & Restaurants, Syntec SMB, etc.).
The mission of business segment owner at Alan is to:
Articulate for their segment what customer (member & admin) experience (price, services) we have to build to be extremely differentiated and reach leadership positions in the segment, and what are the implications in terms of margin (PnL) for us.
- Market overview: size, competitors, customers’ pain points and needs;
- Value proposition (today and in 3 years): What makes us differentiated from the market, and why people would pick us;
- Pricing: What should be our pricing strategy (today and in 3 years) and what are the implications for offering the best value for money (e.g., what our costs have to be to offer attractive prices at a certain margin?);
- P&L and Alan position: what is the resulting segment P&L (number of employees, average premium, average gross margin) and how we reach leadership;
- Positioning and offer: what is the best product range to become the leader on this segment;
- Distribution: which acquisition channels? Which customer journey?
- Translating market insights into business decisions.
They constantly and iteratively build the case on the return on investment of extra or less resources allocated for the segment.
The business segment owner will closely work (using collaborative debate) with all the different teams involved in the success of the segment (Product, Insurance, Sales, Marketing) to build knowledge, share their needs, and create alignment around a long-term value plan. At Alan, we operate with distributed ownership.
⭐️ Is it you we’re looking for? ⭐️
You may be a great fit at Alan if you have:
- Strategic thinking: thinks 1-3 years ahead vs next quarter.
- Hands-on: translates the vision into an action plan, runs analysis and initiatives by him/her-self
- Judgment/business acumen: understands how a business is working and is driven to make it successful
- Multifaceted: understands the link between business model, distribution, insurance, customer experience and product, shows flexibility and a strong ability to adapt.
- Communication and leadership: communicates well with Alaners, has the ability to effectively cause both understanding and action in others without the use of direct power, wants the best for their teammates and puts the success of the company and the team before their own.
- Driven: able to set goals and find intrinsic motivation to achieve them.
- Challenger: Portrays a general growth mindset and challenges Alan’s past decisions, with the willingness to edit the company.
- Language(s):Perfectly fluent in English and French for the French market.
🙌Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Competitive Salary and generous equity packages
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at Alan, free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.